Standard Backer Rod is an ideal non-absorbent compressible backup material for insertion into a joint to, control sealant depth, create a backstop to allow proper sealant tooling, allow proper sealant of the joint surfaces, and yield a proper bond between the back-up material and the sealant. It can also be used as a temporary joint seal.
- Commonly used for glazing operations, window and door applications, expansion joints, curtain wall joints, partitions, log construction or pavement joints.
- Standard Backer Rod is an extruded round, closed cell, low density polyethylene foam material with a skin-like outer texture. It is highly flexible and compressible for easy installation.
- This material is compatible with butyl, polysulfide, acrylic, polyurethane, silicone and most other cold sealants.
- ASTM D1622
- ASTM D1621
- ASTM C5090
- ASTM C335
- Available from 1/4" DIA to 6" DIA
- Contact sales for pricing and availability on sizes larger than 1"
PRICE MATCH GUARANTEE
Did you spot a better deal on the same item elsewhere? No worries! At Masonry Direct, we stand by our commitment to offering the best value. Our Price Match Guarantee ensures that if you find the identical product at a lower price, we'll match it. Shop with confidence, knowing you'll receive the quality you want at the best possible price. Simply reach out to our team, and we'll make sure you get the value you deserve.