Prosoco R-Guard Cat 5 Rain Screen Air and Water-Resistive Barrier
Cat 5 Rain Screen
PROSOCO R-Guard® Cat 5TM Rain Screen is a fluid applied, waterproofing, and air and water barrier membrane that combines the best of silicone and polyurethane properties. This single component, Silyl-Terminated-Polymer (STP) is specially formulated to meet the unique requirements of pressure-equalized rain screen construction.
The roller applied air and waterproof barrier produces a highly durable, seamless, elastomeric weatherproof membrane on exterior sheathing behind open-jointed or vented rain screen cladding. Cat 5TM Rain Screen is proven to prevent water and air penetration of the building envelope in conditions ranging from everyday weather to the drenching rains and 155 mph winds of a Category 5 hurricane.
Cat 5TM Rain Screen can be applied in unfavorable weather conditions to dry or damp substrates.
This feature eliminates many weather-related construction delays and accelerates the “drying
in” of new buildings. The durable, elastomeric membrane adheres to most surfaces, is immediately waterproof and is compatible with most sealants and waterproofing or air barrier components.
- Silane functional polymer provides superior long term adhesion, crack bridging and weathering characteristics. Self seals fastener penetrations.
- Bonds and cures in wet weather and on damp substrates.
- Bonds to most common building materials without priming to produce a durable, weatherproof membrane. Easy to repair if damaged.
- Will not tear or lose effectiveness when exposed to weather and UV during construction for up to 12 months, depending upon conditions.
- Designed for use under typical ventilated cavity, rain screens.
- Waterproof on application and for the life of the building. Creates an unmatched drainage plane.
- Dark bronze color keeps the backup wall unseen through rain screen joints or vents.
- Single component – saves time.
- Easy roller application in all climates.
- Breathable. Allows damp surfaces to dry.
- Compatible with most sealants and waterproofing or air barrier components.
- Air Barrier Association of America (ABAA) approved product.
- Solvent free. Isocyanate free. Phthalate free.
- No shrinkage. No staining. No yellowing.
- Will not support mold growth.
- Stops penetration of air and water under normal and extreme weather conditions.
- Illustrations depicting the use of PROSOCO R-Guard® products are available at www.prosoco.com by downloading the R-Guard Installation Guidelines.
- Not for use as a liquid flashing membrane. Use R-Guard FastFlash®.
- Not for use in place of appropriate through-wall flashing. See R-Guard SS ThruWall product literature.
- Not for use below grade or in locations designed to be continuously immersed in water.
R-Guard Cat 5TM Rain Screen is compliant with the US Environmental Protection Agency’s AIM VOC regulations. Visit www.prosoco.com/voc-compliance to confirm compliance with individual district or state jurisdictions.
Always read full label and SDS for precautionary instructions before use. Use appropriate safety equipment and job-site controls during application and handling.
24-Hour Emergency Information: INFOTRAC at 800-535-5053