"PB" refers to Polymer Based. Class PB EIFS typically uses either adhesively, mechanically or adhesively and mechanically fastened expanded polystyrene (EPS) insulation, and glass fiber reinforcing mesh embedded in a nominal 1/16 inch (1.6mm) base coat. PB EIFS can incorporate additional layers of base coat and reinforcing mesh to achieve higher impact resistance. An EIFS finish coat is used over the base coat.
PB EIFS represents the majority of EIFS used in North America.
PBH fastener available in Boxes of 500 or 1,000
2" Washer Diameter
EIFS fastener Manufacturer Approved
Cone Design of PB Washer Prevents Pop-Ups
White - No Color Bleedthru
Finger Closures Protects Screw Head
Fastener Elimates Thermal Shorts
PB Washers Large Keying Holes Assure Excellent Bonding
1. Insulation Board shall be attached to the approved substrate horizontally with vertical joints staggered and butted tightly.
2. PBH is designed to be used with EIFS Manufacturers
PB EIFS systems.
3. Screws shall meet ASTM B117
4. Install the PBH EIFS washer in a manner so the fastener
is flush with the surface of the Insulation Board. Do not exceed 1.6 mm (1/16”) below the surface.
5. Rasp the surface of the Insulation Board with a DuraRasp, TigerClaw or DuraVac DuraRasp™ to remove any irregularities.